Subject Re: isql problem
Author rfm@cruzers.com
I replied to this on the atkin news interface and it didn't seem
to show up. So here it is:

robertsc@... wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am attempting to setup a batch file to run a metadata extract of
my
> database from a client machine. I keep getting username/password
> errors and I'm sure the username and password exist on the server
and
> client and that I have not mis-typed anything. I'm beginning to
> wonder if the order of isql command line arguments is the problem.
>
> Here's my command line for ISQL:
>
> isql -user SYSDBA -password myPassword -a -output c:\gcrc.ddl
> cdmas:e:\dbdev\gcrc.gdb
>
> can anynody spot the problem?

What version are you using ? This bug
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=212263&group_
id=9028&atid=109028
(beware, the url will line wrap)
existed in firebird until 2001-01-28 and may still exist in the
borland version.

The bug makes -user and -passowrd not work with -a or -x.
You can use the ISC_USER and ISC_PASSWORD environment variables
as a workaround.

Unless I'm mistaken, the current firebird binaries were
also built before the bug fix date.