Subject Re: [ib-support] IB Errors
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 03:18 PM 11/14/2001 +0000, edc@... wrote:
>Getting GDS error on database... when i run validation it
>shows 3 record level errors...

Could you send the specific errors - both from ib_console
and from the InterBase log file?

>i can't backup
>because an error comes back that a record size is wrong..

Interesting... Wrong size records are a symptom of one
of a couple of problems. One is copying the database between
two platforms that have different data representation or
different alignment. Since Windows systems (other than
alpha) and Linux Intel systems are identical in both respects,
that's not a frequent problem. There was an old compression
problem, but i believe that was fixed.

The two leading causes of database corruption are a server
crash (machine, not software) when forced writes are turned
off and using two different name strings when connecting to
a database on Windows. The latter is fixed in Firebird RC1.

>Firebird 1 beta 2... or should i revert to the Borland
>product... Anyhelp would be appreciated...

I think you'll find the Borland product no more satisfactory
in this regard.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com