Subject Re: [ib-support] Problems with Odbc
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:57 PM 27-12-00 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi Helen,
>
>the versions are:
>InterB 6
>ODBC 1.00.01.11

Which ODBC driver is this? Which vendor? Where did you get it?

>I left the character set blank in the system data source configuration. I
>hope it doesn't depend upon this.

What is the CHARACTER SET defined in your CREATE DATABASE statement?

>Anyway my DB contains several text (VarChar) fields but the problems have
>been experienced only in the field described in my previous email.

If this varchar happens to be UNICODE_FSS then it will have only half the
character count indicated by its length because the characters are
2-byte. So, also check out the DDL for this column in the table to see if
it has a different CHAR SET than the other varchars.

>What makes me really wonder, is the fact that the problem appears when I
>make a further check a few days later.

Well, perhaps you weren't looking at the stored data the first time.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All