Subject Re: [firebird-php] Why is this setup not working?
Author Lester Caine
mariuz wrote:
> I think we need more details from the firebird logs if there are errors
> when max connections are met , also
> I would put firebird on a linux system and on 64bits
>
> Another thing i would use php fpm + nginx but it's a lot harder to setup
> :)

I'd second that ... but it's no harder.
I've just set up a nice new SUSE13.1 based machine with PHP5.4, nginx and
Firebird 2.5.2 and I'm seeing much better performance than the older 12.3/Apache
setup. Not hitting it as heavy as you are, but I am now running Firebird on a
separate machine to the web servers to also help performance. The piwik
application is throwing a lot at the database and that is where I'm seeing the
best improvement in response.

I don't see the lock table problem, but I've run 64 bit systems for some years
and probably have not grown big enough anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL