Subject Re: [firebird-php] please help me to connect firebird with xampp on windows 7.
Author amrit sandhu
hello..thanks for the help bro..but i m getting "NOK"..i have followed all the steps..but why i m getting "NOK"..
please help..

________________________________
From: Frank <frank@...>
To: firebird-php@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-php] please help me to connect firebird with xampp on windows 7.

On 02/09/12 20:29, amrit sandhu wrote:
> Hello,I m looking for Urgent help, step by step instruction to install firbird with xampp(PHP).
> I m new to firebird and want to learn firebird,please help me to connect firebird with xampp on windows 7.

> m trying for Last 3 days on google,but nothing found,Tried too many
> things but getting this error again and again "Warning: ibase_connect()
> [function.ibase-connect]: Unable to complete network request to host
> "localhost". Failed to establish a connection."
> Please Help As soon As Possible. Thanks In Advance.

Here is what I did:

Install xammpp to c:\xampp

I had to change the Apache Port to 8080 as windows 7 has its own
http.sys listening on Port 80.

Then I followed mainly
http://www.ot55.net/blog/index.php?p=218&wpmp_switcher=mobile

As I already had a working Firebird 2.5 version, I simply copied
fbclient.dll from my existing Firebird/bin folder to
c:\xampp\apache\bin

modified php.ini as mentioned in above blog post

I had to modify status.php and FirebirdTest.php a bit because of my
existing Firebird installation and the different Apache port:

status.php:

line($TEXT['status-ssi'], $ssi);

if (file_exists("$partwampp\\htdocs\\xampp\\FirebirdTest.php")) {
$a = @file("http://{$hostauth}{$host}:8080/xampp/FirebirdTest.php");
$fbi = $a[0];
line("Firebird", $fbi);
}

FirebirdTest.php:

<?php
if(@ibase_connect('localhost:C:\Program Files
(x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb', 'sysdba',
'myfirebirdpassword')) {
echo "OK";
} else {
echo "NOK";
}
?>

http://localhost:8080/xampp/FirebirdTest.php then should return 'OK'

hth

fsg

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes, they can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."