Subject Re: [firebird-php] Default transaction
Author masotti
Hi Emil,

On 16/12/2011 11:45, ettotev wrote:

> ibase_trans (IBASE_READ | IBASE_COMMITTED | IBASE_REC_VERSION);

I've not source at hand now, but this seems reasonably only a request to
define a PHP resource to be used as a transaction, so, probably, it will
be started only when actually requested in a command, or assigned to a
PHP var, as in

> $rotran = ibase_trans (IBASE_READ | IBASE_COMMITTED | IBASE_REC_VERSION);
> then a new transaction is started with the correct transaction settings,
> but again if I don't specify the transaction identifier in ibase_query()
> it executes in a new default transaction with IBASE_DEFAULT.

Seems that you misunderstand documentation: you may need to have two ore
more distinct type of transaction in the same script, so you need to
differentiate them, and only the default transaction is unnominated and
isn't needed in parameters, other must be passed in parameters.

> Basically this would mean that the transaction settings of the default
> transaction cannot be changed. Or am I missing something?

You can do that in php.ini or use in very first statements of script

ini_set();

Ciao.
Mimmo.