Subject Re: [firebird-php] Re: Blob functionality
Author Lester Caine
ndens_me wrote:
> --- In, Lester Caine <lester@...> wrote:
>> avanzuydam wrote:
>>> I can confirm that on Linux the blob functionality on 5.3.0 is not working properly on the 64bit version. Taking code from 5.2.4 seems to work. After doing this and recompiling my web applications are working correctly. It seems the Blob ID does not get returned with the current 64bit code but works with the same code on 32bit system.
>> I think we need to establish exactly what we are testing here ...
>> 5.2.4 is in the block that I find does not work!
>> PHP5.1.? was working fine ...
>> fbird_blob_open($this->_connectionID, $blob ); - returned an open blob
>> Changes to the code in PHP5.2.1 stopped this working, and the bodge to
>> get things working again in ADOdb was to switch from
>> fbird_fetch_row($this->_queryID);
>> to
>> fbird_fetch_row($this->_queryID, IBASE_TEXT); and disable the blob_decode
>> The problem was present up until 5.2.6 at which point it was correctly
>> fixed and currently I have fbird_blob_open working on PHP5.2.9 on a
>> 64bit version of SUSE 10.3 and on the PHP5.3.0/Vista64 build.
>> I stopped looking at adding a test to ibtest.php for the blob stuff
>> after things were functional again here, but it looks like we need to
>> get that in place. The Numeric18,7/8 bug is still fulctuating between
>> working and not as well, so we do need to pin down what is going on :(
> Hi,
> I am a new here, and I have blob problem too.
> I test in PHP 5.2.9 on fedora 11 32 bit it works fine to show images with ibase_blob_echo() function.
> But I have problem when I test the same script on PHP 5.2.5 on Centos5.2 64 bit, images doesn't show up.
> Should I upgrade to the latest release (PHP 5.2.11).
> Please advice

5.2.5 WOULD have the problem with blob_id. If you 'dump' the number that
is generated as a blob_id, you will get a character string rather than a
simple number.

The problem seems to be that the fix applied ( which simply rolls back
the change made to the code ) does not seem to be working every time. I
have tested 5.2.6 onwards and they all worked - on my SUSE machine, but
the same code is not now working on Fedora. Hence a later post on the
list here.

Personally it's not a problem since I only need text from the blobs, and
the IBASE_TEXT work around gets me operational again. But we do need to
get to the bottom of what is going on. The original changes to the code
where more for 'style' reasons than anything practical ( we should be
doing it this way ... so I've changed it everywhere ... but I'm not
testing that it still works :( ) however it does seem to highlight that
there is an underlying reason as to the fact it does need changing.

Lester Caine - G8HFL
Contact -
L.S.Caine Electronic Services -
EnquirySolve -
Model Engineers Digital Workshop -
Firebird -