Subject Re: [firebird-php] ibtest.php
Author Milan Babuskov
Lester Caine wrote:
> I'm trying to get an overview of the current results from ibtest.php
>
> I am convinced that I've seen better results from 5.2.? that I am
> currently seeing, and wonder if the distributions are ACTUALLY using the
> right version of code for php-interbase ...

Me too. I thought stuff was fixed in 5.2.6, but few days ago I run into
5.2.8 installation that has the bug. It is similar but it seems that it
is not the same one that appeared in 5.0.0-5.2.5 versions. This leads me
to conclusion that someone tried to fix this in PHP code, but messed it
up again and did not do it properly.

> Obviously it would be nice to fix both problems, but not normally
> playing with such large numbers I'm not even sure how they are being
> processed.

In my applications I have many cases where I multiply price (D2) with
quantity (D3 or D4) and thus get a D5 or D6 result. The problem becomes
evident very quickly. Main problem is that I don't run many different
versions of PHP (currently I only have 5.2.3 and 5.2.5 in production) so
I don't notice which changes go into minor releases.

--
Milan Babuskov

The easiest way to import XML, CSV
and textual files into Firebird: