Subject Re: [firebird-php] Firebird process takes 100% of one CPU core
Author Jochem Maas
rizekj@... wrote:
> Hi to all, we have a problem with the application running on Apache 2 +
> PHP + Firebird 2.0.0.12748.
> Sometimes, it happens that one of the Firebird process takes 100% of one
> CPU core and after that Firebird doesn�t accept any other connection and
> we must kill the FB process manually. We have tested it with FB 1.5, CS,
> SS and there occurs this problem too. The interval between these events is
> shorter when the database goes bigger (at this time is about 600MB). Our
> web site has about 200 hit/sec in its peak and this generates about 2000
> simple db queries per sec.

as an aside, you might consider using some kind of caching technique?
also I'm interested in what your firebird.conf looks like :-) and what kind of
hardware your running on .... 2000 queries a second sounds like a lot to me

> Does anybody know what can cause this situation?

maybe a deadlock that's waiting & waiting.
does the firebird log give you any clue?