Subject Re: [firebird-php] Re: Search Engine
Author Lester Caine
Almond wrote:
> Thank you for your help. I think I not made my question clear.
>
> I try to build a knowledge base with search feature. So, I need to build a
> search engine on user entered data inside a firebird database, i.e. inside
> blob text, keyword, etc.

Sledge hammer approach - take a look at www.bitweaver.org is being used
to run http://wiki.firebirdserver.org/ and is happy with Firebird out of
the box.

There are two search engines available - search and lucene. The search
one uses extra tables in the database while the lucene on uses the Java
text search. There may be some problems with the more complex character
sets, but we need more testing, and the R2 version has removed any need
for double quote characters in the metadata making things easier. That
is what the wiki site is running now, but you need to grab it from the
CVS at present. Since the structure is modular you can use the core
packages and function ( such as user logon, language management and
themes ) and ad your own version of display package if you need to.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL