Subject Re: [firebird-php] Installing GD2 lib on FC3 and PHP 4.3
Author Todd Cary
I really wish I could start this thread over! I feel I started down the
wrong path in the beginning: trying to modify rpm installed
applications. Now please correct me if I have misinterpreted what most
of you are saying. What I understand to be a good approach in setting
up a system is to start with a good core e.g. RH 9 or FC3 (I started
with RH 4 some years ago, so I have stuck with them) and install my own
Apache and customized php.

In an effort to level the playing field, I downloaded Apache 2.0.54 and
used the following configuration:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-module=so

Ran the "make" and "make install". Now it has been configured, made and
installed. The question is where do I replace the current "httpd" with
a symbolic link to the new httpd (Apache2)?

Once that is done, I plan to rebuild php using apxs2.

Is this the correct approach?

Any sugestions about this approach are greatly appreciated...

Todd