Subject Re: [firebird-php] Creating an Interbase.so file
Author Jochem Maas
Darren wrote:
> firebird 1.5 itself installs fine on linux by itself and works well but
> to get it working with PHP! its like oil and water forget about it!

BIG FAT FUD.

I have run fbird1.5 with php5 on linux since it was in beta. (somewhere
near the beginning of 2004).

maybe people should try downloading the source and running
configure/make/make install? ... rather than complain that some crappy
RPM doesn't work.

(tip: the nice guy that wrote the latest version of the fbird/ibase
extension has a strong preference for running fbird/php5 on debian -
both 32 and 64 bit versions.)