Subject Re: [firebird-php] Creating an Interbase.so file
Author Lester Caine
Todd Cary wrote:

> Rather than using Firebird, I installed the original Borland Open Source
> release of Interbase, version 6.01 (InterBaseSS-LI-V6.01.i386.rpm). The
> interbase.so created from this does not produce the error. PC version
> 6.01 is the one I have been using for Windows.

That version is somewhat flaky at the best, ANY of the Firebird builds
for windows would be better, but the latest 1.5.2 works fine.

1.5.2 will also install quite happily on Linux, and there have been
messages in the archives about Fedora. And I believe people are running it.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
was mentioned as an easy way to pick up a working setup, but I have not
used it myself ;)

--
Lester Caine