Subject Re: firebird with php - apache configuration
Author mikaelderrien
--- In firebird-php@yahoogroups.com, Milan Babuskov <albis@e...>
wrote:
> mikaelderrien wrote:
> > $ LIBS="-ltsdc++ -lcrypt"
>
> This line does just about nothing...
> You need to export the variable if you want its value to
be "remembered"
> longer than the current line.
>
> So, change that line to:
> $ export LIBS="-ltsdc++ -lcrypt"

hum, yes, my mistake...
i did wrote
$ export LIBS="-ltsdc++ -lcrypt"
before configuring PHP but forgot 'export' in my message for the
forum

> But, I'm not sure that's the only problem.
> > checking for isc_detach_database in -lgds... no
> > checking for isc_detach_database in -lib_util... no
> > configure: error: libgds or libib_util not found! Check
config.log
> > for more information.
>
> > configure:37577: checking for isc_detach_database in -lgds
> > configure:37596: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
> > -L/usr/local/firebird/lib
> > conftest.c -lgds -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl 1>&5
> > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.3/../../../../i486-suse-
> > linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It looks like the linker cannot find your gds library. I haven't
> compiled PHP with FB1.5 support, but from what I've read from this
list,
> it is possible that it has some different name. Better check what
> libraries you have in /usr/local/firebird/lib

i don't have a gds libraby, at least not under that name. i've got :
/usr/local/firebird/lib/libib_util.so, it has the same role

in the same directory there are also libfclient.so{,.1,.1.0.0} and
that's it.
> > any help welcomed :)
>
> I guess this was that: "any help" :)

fanx:)