Subject Re: firebird with php - apache configuration
Author mikaelderrien
Hi all,

i still have some troubles for making php aware of firebird

i've got the following stuffs :
firebirdSS 1.5 RC4
apache 2.0.47
php 4.3.2

firebirdSS and apache are both installed and running well,
but not running when compiling php,
php is untared in /usr/local/php-4.3.2 and i do :

$ LIBS="-ltsdc++ -lcrypt"
$ ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-
interbase=shared,/usr/local/firebird

(...)
checking for InterBase support... yes, shared
checking for isc_detach_database in -lgds... no
checking for isc_detach_database in -lib_util... no
configure: error: libgds or libib_util not found! Check config.log
for more information.

$ cat config.log

(...)
configure:37519: checking for InterBase support
configure:37577: checking for isc_detach_database in -lgds
configure:37596: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
-L/usr/local/firebird/lib
conftest.c -lgds -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl 1>&5
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.3/../../../../i486-suse-
linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lgds
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 37585 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char isc_detach_database();

int main() {
isc_detach_database()
; return 0; }
configure:37629: checking for isc_detach_database in -lib_util
configure:37648: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
-L/usr/local/firebird/lib
conftest.c -lib_util -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl 1>&5
/tmp/ccaQSlmn.o(.text+0xa): In function `main':
/usr/local/php-4.3.2/configure:37644: undefined reference to
`isc_detach_database'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 37637 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char isc_detach_database();

int main() {
isc_detach_database()
; return 0; }

/*EOF*/

[QUOTE]
according to <http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=23928>
add #define ISC_FAR in php_interbase.h
export LIBS="-lstdc++ -lcrypt"
[/QUOTE]

i guess the file called 'php_interbase.h' is indeed a generic name
for
/usr/local/firebird/include/ibase.h and this file has already the
line #define ISC_FAR

any help welcomed :)

fanx
M.