Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Native OO API
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2018-11-05 15:29, vasiliy.yashkov@... [Firebird-Java] wrote:
> Mark, thanks for the review!
>
> Then I have questions:
> 1. If make a separate library, where to store library sources?

I see the following options:

- A separate project on https://github.com/FirebirdSQL
- A separate library on a GitHub 'company' from RedSoft

> 2. What about a uniform interface? When exactly will it be
> implemented? I used existing Jaybird interfaces (FbDatabase,
> FbStatement, etc) to implement and not to change the existing code,
> except for the necessary places to fit with the current concept.
> Maybe should leave minimal support for the new API, for example, for
> statements, blobs, etc., as in the existing old JNA?

What I have seen of the wire protocol format for batch execution (and as
far as I understand it) seems a bit awkward and cumbersome to implement
(especially how blobs are handled). But I currently have no time nor
energy to dive deeply into it to really understand it and design and
implement an API that will bridge between JDBC and Firebird.

Mark