Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Denied connections due to character set
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 14-2-2017 19:42, Mark Rotteveel mark@... [Firebird-Java]
wrote:
> Things you can try to also initialise the security database for SRP (I'm
> not sure if all of these options work, but I currently can't test this,
> maybe tomorrow):
>
> 1) Make sure Srp is included in the UserManager setting in firebird.conf
> (restart the service after changing the value). Try to create a user (eg
> in flamerobin) with:
>
> CREATE USER jaybird PASSWORD 'jdbc' USING PLUGIN Srp;
>
> You can drop the user afterwards.
>
> Try if you can connect now, otherwise try:
>
> 2) Make sure Srp is **first** in the UserManager setting in
> firebird.conf
>
> start gsec:
> gsec -user sysdba -password masterkey
>
> This might show a message that the security database is now initialised
> iirc.
>
> If in doubt, create a user:
> add jaybird -pw jdbc
>
> You can drop the user afterwards.
>
> You can revert the changes to firebird.conf of steps 1 and 2 afterwards.
>
> Let me know if it works. If it doesn't work, can you let me know from
> your firebird.conf the values of: UserManager, AuthServer, and
> WireCrypt?
>
> I will try to reproduce this problem, and let you know the actual steps
> to resolve this (and update the wiki and release notes).

All the workarounds I mentioned above work. Although for the second
workaround it is actually necessary to create the user, just starting
gsec is not sufficient.

Another workaround is to change the AuthServer setting to only Legacy_Auth.

I have also created http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-5485 to
ask the Firebird developers to continue with the next plugin for these
types of failures.

I will also consider if I can move the introduction of a connection
property to control the list of plugins to try and their order, to
before the Jaybird 3 release.

The error is a straight out failure, so it is not possible for Jaybird
to continue with the next plugin on its own (using a Firebird 3
fbclient.dll will exhibit the same behavior if it tries Srp first).
--
Mark Rotteveel