Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Denied connections due to character set
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:21:08 AM EST 'William L. Thomson Jr.' wlt-
ml@... [Firebird-Java] wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:54:22 AM EST Mark Rotteveel
>
> mark@... [Firebird-Java] wrote:
> > On 14-2-2017 04:24, 'William L. Thomson Jr.' wlt-ml@...
> >
> > You should almost never have a reason to touch the file.encoding
> > setting. Why are you setting this value?
>
> I am just trying to connect via ANY means.
>
> > If you are setting it to control how NONE works, then you would be
> > better off specifying both the connection encoding NONE and the Java
> > character set with lc_ctype=NONE&charSet=iso-8859-1, although just
> > specifying charSet=iso-8859-1 is probably better in that case.
>
> Ok I will try that. That is exactly the combination I was saying the
> documentation was vague. Its probably been there for some time, but I was
> not aware that lc_type and charSet could be used together or in that
> manner. That may be exactly how it will work for me. The only way I can
> connect using Jaybird 3.

I tried lc_ctype=NONE&charSet=iso-8859-1 and just charSet=iso-8859-1. Both
produced

java.sql.SQLException: Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your
database administrator to set up a Firebird login.; Install incomplete, please
read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version
[SQLState:28000, ISC error code:335544472]

--
William L. Thomson Jr.