Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Java 7
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 12-1-2017 05:17, hugo.larson@... [Firebird-Java] wrote:
> Now I understand that there are practical reasons for not supporting Java 7.
> I had plans to use java 7 with FB 4 because it has the very nice
> features for replication and incremental nbackup restore.

Fortunately, that should not be be a problem: Jaybird 2.2 (probably even
older versions) will work with Firebird 4, as will Jaybird 3.

Jaybird 2.2.13 (and of course 3) will contain some fixes to address to
63 character object name support. This will work at minimum for the pure
Java implementation; I still need to check the native implementation.

As to replication: this should be purely within Firebird, so as far as I
understand it now, it won't need any changes.

For nbackup, it may be necessary to use the Firebird nbackup executable
instead of the implementation in Jaybird for the time being if you want
to use newer features.

> Well we all thank you for the effort you are putting into JayBird.

You are welcome.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel