Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Firebird JAybird and Wildfly 8.2 (JBoss)
Author
Hello

Thank you all for diving in and looking at this.  I will share this with Dashboard dev's and ask they consider supporting Firebird as a datasource.

Regards,

Lou

---In firebird-java@yahoogroups.com, <mark@...> wrote :

On 20-5-2016 09:20, Mark Rotteveel mark@... [Firebird-Java]
wrote:
> Dashbuilder doesn't seem to support Firebird out of the box. See
> https://github.com/droolsjbpm/dashboard-builder/blob/master/modules/dashboard-commons/src/main/java/org/jboss/dashboard/database/hibernate/HibernateInitializer.java
>
> I suggest you file a ticket with them to ask them to add Firebird support.

Looking closer at it, it might be possible to override the configuration
of this class by specifying an explicit value for this supportedDialects
field.

Looking at
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/dashboard-builder/blob/master/modules/dashboard-commons/src/main/java/org/jboss/dashboard/annotation/config/ConfigReader.java

you might be able to create a config file
META-INF/org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer.config

with value:

supportedDialects=firebird 1.55li=org.hibernate.dialect.FirebirdDialect

or maybe include PostgreSQL as well:
supportedDialects=firebird
1.55li=org.hibernate.dialect.FirebirdDialect,postgres=org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

I am however not sure how this configuration works exactly, so I might
be wrong; I haven't tried it.

The code also suggests there is some global config where you would use
org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer.supportedDialects=...
instead.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel