Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Java CharSet to Firebird CharSet
Author Roman Rokytskyy
It is indeed tight optimization for single-byte charsets. However, if I
remember corretly there is no penalty, since we falback to default Java
mechanism. Also, I see no reason not to optimize for the charsets used
in 95% or so installations of Firebird.

As to whether it was tested against Charset - I do not remember, when
the code was introduced, but I believe that was already 1.4.x times.

Roman