Subject Re: Firebird JDBC
Author fred.vlietstra
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Rotteveel"
<Avalanche1979@...> wrote:

> [...]
While
> > reading

> > > Very likely you use auto-commit mode and execute a statement
using
> > the
> > > same connection while looping through the result set.
> > >
> > > Roman
> > >
> > Roman,
> >
> > I close the connection after every statement execute.
> >
> > This happens using a select statement.
>
> Did you by any chance also close the connection that was used to
create the resultset, because when the connection of the resultset
is closed, the resultset itself is also closed.

> Mark
> --
> Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
> für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?
ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a

The suggestion of Mark solvend most of the problems.

I still get problems. See error messages below.

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Connection
org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledConnectionHandler@bb7465 was closed. See
the attached exception to find the place where it was closedsql
exception: Connection
org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledConnectionHandler@bb7465 was closed. See
the attached exception to find the place where it was closed

at org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledConnectionHandler.invoke
(PooledConnectionHandler.java:209)
at $Proxy0.isClosed(Unknown Source)
at nl.leden.data.BaseDAO.releaseJDBCResources
(BaseDAO.java:79)
at nl.leden.data.NotaDAO.getOpenStaande(NotaDAO.java:110)
at nl.leden.business.CreateNota.verwerkNota
(CreateNota.java:79)
at nl.leden.business.CreateNota.createNota
(CreateNota.java:67)
at nl.leden.business.StartNota.main(StartNota.java:12)
at
org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.iscStartTransaction
(AbstractJavaGDSImpl.java:725)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.GDSHelper.startTransaction
(GDSHelper.java:583)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.findIscTrHandle
(FBManagedConnection.java:1006)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.internalStart
(FBManagedConnection.java:925)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.internalBegin
(FBLocalTransaction.java:140)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.begin
(FBLocalTransaction.java:112)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$LocalTransactionC
oordinator.ensureTransaction(InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:311)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$LocalTransactionC
oordinator.executionStarted(InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:342)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator.executionStarted
(InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:38)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.notifyStatementStarted
(AbstractStatement.java:235)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.notifyStatementStarted
(AbstractStatement.java:226)
at
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractPreparedStatement.executeQuery
(AbstractPreparedStatement.java:163)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown
Source)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledPreparedStatementHandler.invoke
(PooledPreparedStatementHandler.java:166)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.$Proxy1.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at nl.leden.data.NotaDAO.getOpenStaande(NotaDAO.java:44)
at nl.leden.business.CreateNota.verwerkNota
(CreateNota.java:79)
at nl.leden.business.CreateNota.createNota
(CreateNota.java:67)
at nl.leden.business.StartNota.main(StartNota.java:12)

regards Fred Vlietstra