Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] Jaybird 2.1.4
Author Thomas Clarke
I have found that Jaybird 2.1.4 seems a bit faster with FB2.1 running on Red
Hat Linux 4 than with the previous version of the driver.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

Thomas Clarke

Cyber Sea Inc.

Barbados

_____

From: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Thomas Steinmaurer
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:07 AM
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Java] Jaybird 2.1.4

Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Now, I have tried the same application with Firebird 2.1 on Linux
>>> (OpenSuSE 10.3). I made sure that I use Jabird 2.1.4. On Linux, I get
>>> again the error message "FBEventManager Unable to complete network
>>> request" when I'm trying to register events.
>>>
>>> Any ideas why it works on Windows but on Linux?
>> Looks like naming or routing issue. The "Unable to complete network
>> request" means that driver was not able to open a socket connection to
>> the specified host (even if it is localhost)...
>
> The stack trace tells me, that with the event thingy, the FBEventManager
> is unable to connect to 127.0.0.1.
>
> I'm able to connect to the database via isql using 127.0.0.1 though.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.

Btw, the full stack trace is:

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to
complete network request to host "127.0.0.1.".
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager.addEventListener(FBEventManager.java:26
6)
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager.waitForEvent(FBEventManager.java:348)
at
com.lwe.eod.xml2relational.SynchronousEventNotifier.waitForEvent(Synchronous
EventNotifier.java:46)
at
com.lwe.eod.xml2relational.XML2RelationalConverter.execute(XML2RelationalCon
verter.java:174)
at
com.lwe.eod.run.RunXML2ReleationalConverter.main(RunXML2ReleationalConverter
.java:33)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: Unable to complete network request
to host "127.0.0.1.".
at
org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl$EventCoordinatorImp.connec
t(AbstractJavaGDSImpl.java:3154)
at
org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl$EventCoordinatorImp.<init>
(AbstractJavaGDSImpl.java:3068)
at
org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.iscQueueEvents(AbstractJav
aGDSImpl.java:2986)
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager$GdsEventHandler.register(FBEventManager
.java:385)
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager.registerListener(FBEventManager.java:35
9)
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager.addEventListener(FBEventManager.java:26
4)
at
org.firebirdsql.event.FBEventManager.waitForEvent(FBEventManager.java:348)
at
com.lwe.eod.xml2relational.SynchronousEventNotifier.waitForEvent(Synchronous
EventNotifier.java:46)
at
com.lwe.eod.xml2relational.XML2RelationalConverter.execute(XML2RelationalCon
verter.java:174)
at
com.lwe.eod.run.RunXML2ReleationalConverter.main(RunXML2ReleationalConverter
.java:33)

Notice the last dot in "127.0.0.1."

Shouldn't that be "127.0.0.1" and not "127.0.0.1."?

Thanks
Thomas