Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Database replication with Firebird
Author Milan Babuskov
--- meenarajvaidya <meenarajvaidya@...> wrote:
> They are open source but no good documentation
> available for me to
> proceed. I would appreciate if I can get an Idea
> about where to start
> and feasibility of using them in my circumstances.

FiBRE has a major drawback for me, it requires that
all tables have a PK column ID which is BIGINT type
and you have to make sure it's unique accross all
databases. While it's understandable why they did it
that way, I find it to constraining and intrusive (as
if all those triggers aren't enough) to my databases.
OTOH, it's open source, so if you know Java, you can
change it to fit your needs, so YMMV.

Unfortunatelly, there is no all-around review of
replicators, so you'll have to test yourself and see
what suits you best.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org