Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] JayBird and OpenOffice.org
Author Eron Lloyd
On 8/10/06, Christian Stengel <christian_stengel@...> wrote:

> Hi Eron,
>

> > Yep, everything looks good. I even tried Firebird 2.0 RC3 to see if it
> > would correct any permission settings, but no luck. I really don't
> > know what to think of next. Could be the JRE, could be SUSE, could be
> > OpenOffice.org.
>
> I have expirienced problems with different jre versions with openoffice
> and the database driver. The jaybird driver should be compiled using the
> same jdk as openoffice was compiled with - maby SuSE uses a differen
> java version (something like this gjc stuff).
>
> Have you tried the "official" OOo package from openoffice.org?
> You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Firebird-Java/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMnZwYzBlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwOTUyNzkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMDA2NzY0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzExNTUyMDM2MzY->
> Visit Your Group
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Firebird-Java;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbDJpN3EwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwOTUyNzkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMDA2NzY0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMTU1MjAzNjM2>|
> Recent Activity
>
> - 5
>

> .

Yeah, I always use the official builds (more up-to-date). This morning I
tried running OOo as root, and was sucessfully able to see the tables. This
obviously suggests a permissions issue somewhere, as mentioned in that Java
thread I posted. Is Firebird incorrectly modifying something, or is it the
JRE? A new quirk, however, is that when I attempt to edit a table I get a
"Result Set Closed" error, so I can only see the View objects. Perhaps this
is an ownership issue of the empolyee.fdb file. Maybe I'll bring this up on
the firebird users list.

Regards,

Eron