Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] JayBird and OpenOffice.org
Author Eron Lloyd
On Wednesday 09 August 2006 11:39 am, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm having trouble getting OpenOffice.org 2.0.3 (via JayBird 2.1) to
> > talk to Firebird 1.5.3. I'm currently trying to just access the
> > sample database using the following URL
> >
> > jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/employee.fdb
>
> should be
>
> jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:employee.fdb

Whoops, right. The URL is correct, but it still reports the following error:

SQL Status: HY000
Error code: 335544721
Resource Exception. Unable to complete network request to host "locahost".
Reason: Unable to complete network request to host "locahost".

I can connect to the database from isql using localhost:employee.fdb, so I
don't think it's a Firebird server issue. I came across this thread, but
still can't nail down what could be wrong on this machine.

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=554002&tstart=0

Is there a simple way to test JayBird independently from OpenOffice.org?

Thanks,

Eron