Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] ResultSet closed
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:25 +0100, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
> > Ok, that would explain OO. However my apps do not use auto-commit mode.
> > I either commit or rollback within the apps. Will hit up specs though as
> > well.
>
> Can you provide an example that fails with 2.01 when auto-commit is switched
> off?

Yes, give me a bit, wrapping up a few other things. Is there a preferred
DB for testing? I will see if I can make a generic test case. That the
db, and table names can be switched out.

> > That would be cool. It's just sometimes I use the data from one result
> > set with data from another result set. Before I have close the first. At
> > the moment I have done a temp work around by storing the values of the
> > first result set in variables. To be used with the next. I very well
> > could be going about things incorrectly. However cached result sets
> > would make most of this all go away for me. If it's not against spec or
> > etc. I see no reason not to add/include that support.
>
> It is against specs, since the default result set should be forward-only,
> but if OO has problems with JDBC specs, we can provide a workaround until OO
> solves their problems.

I believe OO is moving forward not backward. But if it was nesting
result sets like I do. OO could be running into the same problems as my
app.

> Please add it as feature request in our tracker, so it won't be forgotten.

Ok

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.