Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Possible bug in Firebird 1.5.2 Classic (cross-post)
Author Ann W. Harrison
Roman Rokytskyy wrote:

> This can be JayBird bug too, since prepared statements are cached when you
> use connection pooling and do not switch it off. In combination with Classic
> it can produce some funny issues due to metadata cache implementation there.

That sounds like a good analysis. The error message references a table
by id rather than name:

invalid request BLR at offset 64
table id 198 is not defined

As I mentioned on the support list, the relation id space is finite and
probably too small to support this design, but we still ought to figure
out why one connection was allowed to drop a table referenced by a
prepared request in another connection - or why a connection can drop a
table against which it has a prepared request...

Regards,

Ann