Subject Re: java 1.5: Slow connection to Database
Author nagypapi
Eventually if you have the IP address for the target machine (in my
case on the local network) using InetAddress.getByAddress() works as
expected

code I use to connect if I have the ip in a String:
byte[] raw_address=new byte[4];
String[] addressbits=ip.split("\\.");
for(int i=0;i<4;i++)
raw_address[i]=(byte)Integer.parseInt(addressbits[i]);
s=new Socket(InetAddress.getByAddress(ip,raw_address),port);