Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] NIO and performance
Author David Jencks
You might want to look at Mike Spilles comments on NIO and his EmberIO
project: here's one of his old blog entries.

http://jroller.com/page/pyrasun/20040413#the_genesis_of_emberio

My impression is that (a) ByteBuffers are a good idea and (b) other
than that NIO won't help much unless you have hundreds to thousands of
simultaneous requests -- i.e. it is basically useful on a server. I
don't have much first hand experience however.

thanks
david jencks