Subject Re: Jaybird and OS X
Author garrett_d_smith
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Roman Rokytskyy"
<rrokytskyy@a...> wrote:
> > Has anyone successfully compiled Jaybird for OS X?
>
> Are you referring the JNI library or the Java code?
>
> Type 4 driver should work on OS X without any changes (and I know
there are
> production installations that use JayBird type 4 JDBC driver on OS
X).

> JNI part (to support type 2 and embedded versions) is not
"officially"
> supported on OS X, but only because there were nobody willing to
support it
> there. The "generic_unix" profile should apply to it, but I have no
OS X to
> verify this. Would you be interested to help us with it?

We're using the embedded libraries on Windows and would like to get
the same setup on OS/X. I'm definitely interested in helping.

I looked at the generic_unix configuration in the native ant compile
script and got things moving forward an inch or so. I wanted to see if
anyone else has gone through the pain before doing any more work.

-- Garrett