Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] Re: ResultSet memory issue
Author Ron Wilcom
Roman,

What if statement caching is used? Does it release by "closing the
statement" in that case (I am using a connection pool as well so they
never officially "close" underneath).

Just wondering how severe this problem is (and if I should upgrade as
soon as the next release comes out).

Thanks,

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Rokytskyy [mailto:rrokytskyy@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 4:45 AM
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: ResultSet memory issue

>> Does anybody know when the memory which is reserved for a
>> ResultSet is released?

In theory it should be released when the result set object is closed. I
just
checked the code, it seems that this does not happen (the most noticable
effect it has in auto-commit mode). Though when you close the statement
or
connection, all memory should be released.

Can you please fill the bug report and post your code, so this issue is
checked and tested before the next release.

Roman

Yahoo! Groups Links