Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] RE: Exception in preparestatement
Author Prabhakar Krishnaswami
What we found last night was that we modified the statement to read as
below:

String sql = "Select distinct(universal_id), max(descr) descr from
aspect where aspect_num between ? and ? and secondary_only=0 group by
universal_id,descr order by descr";

Then the prepare statement worked. It had to do with group by and order
by clauses. BTW, the statement that I had originally given in my
previous email worked in windows but in Linux

Prabhakar Krishnaswami

Software Engineer

Dynix

pkrishnaswami@...

p 801-223-5817

f 801-223-5202

www.dynix.com

arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation

Luca Lafranchi wrote:

>Hi :)
>

>>String sql = "Select distinct(universal_id), max(descr) descr from
>>aspect where aspect_num between ? and ? and secondary_only=0 group by
>>universal_id order by descr";
>>

>I may be wrong, but
> "where aspect_num between ? and ?"
> doesn't sound like a right syntax to me.
>Try
> "where aspect_num>=? and aspect_num<=?"
>
>Ciao
>Luca