Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] value with an apostrophe
Author Chris Donges
Shouldn't you be using prepared statements with parameters?

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric B. Espares [mailto:eric-cdr@...]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 March 2004 11:25 AM
To: Firebird - Java
Subject: [Firebird-Java] value with an apostrophe

Hi,

Maybe some of you have experience / encounter this problem. I try to insert an employee name into my database (interbase 6.0) for example Marina O'Reili (note the apostrophe ' ) will not be accepted as employee name. I think this is becuase Interbase will mix up the single and double quotes in insert and update statements. Any input on how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Eric

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links