Subject Re: Problem with jbird?
Author skullmaggots
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Torsten Terp"
<firebird-java@t...> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > > Im facing a problem that seems to be caused by a bug in the firebird
> > > JCA driver, i may wrong though, so im posting here to see if any
> > > body else have experienced this, or have some idea about whats
> > > happening....
> > >
> > > I am using Firebird 1.5 final (superserver on windows) and jaybird
> > > 1.5-beta3 in a j2ee app running on jBoss.
> > >
> > > Now sometimes the login verification sql query will result in a
null
> > > pointer in
> >
>org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_start_transaction(GDS_Impl.java:539)
> >
> > I have at least one bug report for this problem. It seems that under
> > some conditions db handle is invalidated, but connection is still
in use.

> > Do you have a reproducable test case?
>
> Sorry but no, i cannot reproduce it :-( If i manage to, i will let
you know.

> > > When this happens subsequent attemps to use the datasource will all
> > > fail. The only fix is to restart the ManagedConnectionFactory in
> > > jboss.jca domain.
> >
> > How important is XA support for you? If you can use normal JDBC
> > driver, please try this.
>
> I will try without XA support...
>
> Thanks a lot...
> Torsten
>
> > Thanks!
> > Roman

Torsten,

Did you ever resolve this issue. I have the same error using
JBoss3.2.3 and Firebird1.0.1 + JCA-JDBC Driver. 99.9% of the
transactions done work but the odd one fails with NullPointerException
in org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_start_transaction(GDS_Impl.java:486)

Unfortunately this is hard to reproduce because it may take 100,000's
of transactions before you get the error.

regards,

Jeff.