Subject Re: problem creating connection-pool on Sun Application-Server 8.1
Author fabian_martins_fpu
Dear Wolfgang,

I got the same; Tried with different classes
(org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource,
org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource,
org.firebirdsql.pool.DriverConnectionPoolDataSource )
and keep gotting the same message; sometimes the browser
says "waiting for localhost" and I'm sure the Firebird server was
started... did you got any progress on solving this issue?

fabian_martins_fpu@... /Brazil

--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Wolfgang Reder
<wolfgang.reder@a...> wrote:

> hello !
> i can configure a fb-connectionpool. but when i try to ping the
pool i receive
> the message
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the value for
this argument
> type as a string
> at
> org.firebirdsql.jgds.ParameterBufferBase$Argument.getValueAsString
(ParameterBufferBase.java:177)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.jgds.ParameterBufferBase.getArgumentAsString
(ParameterBufferBase.java:66)
> at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.connect(GDS_Impl.java:1573)
> at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_attach_database
(GDS_Impl.java:285)
> at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_attach_database
(GDS_Impl.java:261)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnectionFactory.createDbHandle
(FBManagedConnectionFactory.java:540)
> at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.<init>
(FBManagedConnection.java:88)
> at

org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnectio
n(FBManagedConnectionFactory.java:366)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource.allocateConnection
(FBConnectionPoolDataSource.java:274)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledConnectionQueue.addConnection
(PooledConnectionQueue.java:427)
> at org.firebirdsql.pool.PooledConnectionQueue.start
(PooledConnectionQueue.java:157)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.pool.AbstractConnectionPool.getQueue
(AbstractConnectionPool.java:182)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection
(FBConnectionPoolDataSource.java:367)
> at
> org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource.getConnection
(FBWrappingDataSource.java:203)
> at
> com.sun.gjc.spi.DSManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection
(DSManagedConnectionFactory.java:87)
> at

com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl
.getUnpooledConnection
(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:1172)
> at

com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl
.testConnectionPool(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:504)