Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] PrepareStatement setObject() parameters
Author Rick DeBay
Does Jaybird handle java.util.Date as a parameter? I had to put in a
workaround for MySQL, which required java.util.Date to be converted to
java.sql.Date before being sent to setParameter().
I'd like to factor this part of the code out to a MySQL specific
implementation, but don't want to go through the work if Jaybird will
require the same.
Does the JDBC specification speak to this?

Thanks, Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick DeBay
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 9:56 AM
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Firebird-Java] PrepareStatement setObject() parameters

Does Jaybird have any problem if the parameter of
PrepareStatement.setObject() is a Character class?
I can't find anything in the JDBC spec that says this is a problem, but
since there is no setCharacter() or getCharacter() method I didn't know
if other dodgy driver implementations might have a problem.

Rick DeBay
Senior Software Developer
RxStrategies.net
561-650-8195 x-215