Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] severe problems
Author Carsten Schäfer
I have set ping interval to 1000.
Now i get the following exception after the I/O error occurs:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.findIscTrHandle(FBManagedConnection.java:1132)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.internalStart(FBManagedConnection.java:675)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.internalBegin(FBLocalTransaction.java:111)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.begin(FBLocalTransaction.java:94)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractConnection.ensureInTransaction(AbstractConnection.java:838)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.executeQuery(AbstractStatement.java:155)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.PingablePooledConnection.ping(PingablePooledConnection.java:140)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.AbstractConnectionPool.getPooledConnection(AbstractConnectionPool.java:225)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(FBConnectionPoolDataSource.java:352)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.FBConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(FBConnectionPoolDataSource.java:371)
at org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource.getConnection(FBWrappingDataSource.java:203)
at com.TTC_Informatik.PAULA.server.App_Server.getConnection(App_Server.java:10309)

mfg
Carsten
----- Original Message -----
From: Roman Rokytskyy
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Java] severe problems

Carsten,

> At the second costumer site i've installed Firebird 1.5.2RC1 and
> Jaybird 1.5.4. But now the error happens every day.
> It's not reproducable, because everytime it happens in another
> db-operation, but after that the connection is not usable anymore
> and the connection pool returns this invalid connection everytime.

> org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544344. I/O error
> for file ReadFile "E:\IB_DATENBANK\DBAMS_THT_L.GDB" Error while trying to
> read from file null

This is an error from the server (check the server logs). We cannot do
anything here.

> org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544327. invalid
> request handle

Try setting pingInterval=10 (or any other small value). This will cause pool
to ping connection each time it is returned from the pool. After the I/O
error first ping should eliminate connection from the pool. If this does not
happen, please report a bug.