Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Help in win98
Author Francisco Antonio Vieira Souza
Bernard PRADINES wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try to see on your XP machine if the integrated firewall (the firewall
> of windows XP) doesn't block the communication. The XP firewall is on
> by default, so this could block the communication coming from your win98
> machines.
>
> regards.
>
> Bernard.
>
> Francisco Antonio Vieira Souza a écrit:
>
> > I would like to ask what should I do to win98 machines conect to
> > firebird in
> > a winxp machine?
> >
> > I have this situation:
> > 2 win98 machines
> > 1 winxp machine with Firebird 1.5.1
> >
> > When my application (with Jaybird 1.5.2) tries to connect to the
> > server this
> > exception is shown:
> > Unable to complete network request to "the machine IP/name".
> >
> > Is there anything different to config in win98 machines?
> >
> > Thanks a Lot
> > Francisco
> > ---

Thanks but it is not the case, I can Map and access folders and other
programs in the winxp machine, I can eve execute the application
directly from the winxp machine FROM the win98 machine.
The problem is when I try to execute the application in the win98
machine accessing just the DB in winxp machine.