Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: JDBC disconnects by itself
Author Gabriel Reid
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:27:11PM -0000, pp0475 wrote:

> --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Roman Rokytskyy"
> <rrokytskyy@a...> wrote:
>
> > Can be a bug in pool (very unlikely), but most likely it is a bug in
> your
> > application. Check the stack trace of the attached SQLException to
> see the
> > place where the close() method was called.
> >
> > Roman
>
> Umm.. The issue is that I don't call close() method anywhere within my
> application. The connection seems to disappear by itself.

Just a guess here: are you allowing your connection pool or data source to
be garbage collected? What I mean is, are you not holding on to a reference to
it somewhere? If so, that could explain the problem: when a connection pool
(which sits inside a firebird DataSource) is garbage collected, it gets
closed down, thus closing all connections. This could explain connections
getting closed without you explicitly calling close().

Gabriel