Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Jaybird and API calls
Author Phil Shrimpton

Hi,

> > If you are interested in services API, we have a JMX
> > component that is supposed to do exactly this - manage server and
> > databases.
> >
> Is JMX open source and where can I get more info about it?

JMX (Java Management Extensions) is a 'standard' that is part of the J2EE
specs (I think?). You can find out all about it at
http://java.sun.com/JavaManagement)

Most, if not all commercial and 'free'/OS Java application servers support
it, and the JBoss app server (www.jboss.org), is a built upon it. If you are
going to use JMX, then a 'bare bones' Jboss may be the best answer

> It sounds
> like this is what we are looking for if we go with Java. If the
> API isn't complete, we can always add something if we really need it.

Remember that regardless of what Java method you use, if you want to call
'native' API's, the there is going to have to be some 'native' executables in
the mix some where that are accessed via JINI (e.g. a C++ or Object Pascal
DLL or SO).

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
5:25pm up 30 days, 23:14, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.08, 0.03