Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] Firebird, JDBC and Tomcat
Author David Aldrich
Message
Hi Rick

Thanks for your reply (and thank you to the others who replied if you can see this email).

I am using Tomcat 3.3.1a, so I think the relevant environment variable is JAVA_HOME which is set to:

C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01

My CLASSPATH is set to:

C:\ProgramFiles\InterBase Corp\InterClient\interclient.jar

Following your advice, I will try JayBird instead of InterClient.  Should I delete CLASSPATH?

The webapp I want to use is Track+ (available on SourceForge). This app accesses a database (the app is not a source).  I attach the web.xml file.  The app's Torque.properties file includes the lines:

torque.database.track.driver =  interbase.interclient.Driver
torque.database.track.url = jdbc:interbase://172.29.68.235/C:/track/data/track.gdb
What should I set 'torque.database.track.driver to', if the JDBC driver is in common\ib?

Do I need to unpack the jar file?

Thanks for your help

David