Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] FBException (STILL HAVING PROBLEMS)

caused by bad server setup. What version of firebird / interbase are you
using and how did you install it on your system ?

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Francisco Vieira [mailto:franciscosouza2002@...]
Sent: 03 October 2003 21:16
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Firebird-Java] FBException (STILL HAVING PROBLEMS)

Look people, I am facing a problem that I have no idea how to solve it, once
I tried all the ways I could, I JUST WANT TO INSERT some values in a table
and commit in the end if everything is alright, I suspected something was
wrong with the reading in the JTable I have, so I decided to put the values
in some arrays just to be sure what was happening, HAVE A LOOK PLEASE, this
time I used PreparedStatement and I´ve got the same Exception message: null
null - FBSQLException GDS(something).

WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH THIS? WHY THE LOOP IS EXECUTED JUST ONCE? HAVE YOU
EVER HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

int numRows = modTabValores.getRowCount();
int array_codigos[] = new int[numRows];
int array_linhas[] = new int[numRows];
String array_tipos[] = new String[numRows];
double array_inicios[] = new double[numRows];
double array_finais[] = new double[numRows];
double array_valores[] = new double[numRows];
for(int i=0; i < numRows; i++)
{
array_codigos[i] = Integer.parseInt((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,0));
array_linhas[i] =
Integer.parseInt((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,1)); // (2)
array_tipos[i] =
((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,2)).substring(0,1); // (3)
array_inicios[i] =
Double.parseDouble((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,3)); // (4)
array_finais[i] =
Double.parseDouble((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,4)); // (5)
array_valores[i] =
T.getNew().deMoedaParaDouble((String)tbValores.getValueAt(i,5)); // (6)
}
// ====== UNTIL HERE EVERYTHING IS OK

try
{
int tamanho = array_codigos.length;
PreparedStatement st = c.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO
VALORTARIFAS VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ");
for(int i=0; i<tamanho; i++)
{
st.setInt(1, array_codigos[i]);
st.setInt(2, array_linhas[i]);
st.setString(3, array_tipos[i]);
st.setDouble(4, array_inicios[i]);
st.setDouble(5, array_finais[i]);
st.setDouble(6, array_valores[i]);
st.execute();
st.clearParameters();
}
}
catch (Exception e3)
{
T.getNew().Aviso("Erro nos VALORES", e3.toString());
}

The metadata for the table used is:
/* Domain definitions */
CREATE DOMAIN DCOD AS INTEGER;
CREATE DOMAIN DVALOR AS NUMERIC(12, 2)
DEFAULT 0;

/* Table: VALORTARIFAS, Owner: SYSDBA */

CREATE TABLE "VALORTARIFAS"
(
"CODTABELA" "DCOD" DEFAULT 0,
"NUMLINHA" SMALLINT DEFAULT 0,