Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] HELP HELP HELP - FBException
Author Helen Borrie
PLEASE DON'T SEND MESSAGES IN HTML!!

At 08:52 AM 3/10/2003 -0300, you wrote:

>This EXECPTION is driving me crazy, I have a Stored Procedure (in fact I
>have 3 for the same operation, but I am using try and catch to check each
>one) with 30 arguments to INSERT in a table wich has 3 NOT NULL fields,

>one (the code) is INSERTED by a generator value incremented in the TRIGGER
>(AFTER INSERT TRIGGER),

2 problems:
1. if you have a column to be inserted by a trigger, you must OMIT it from
your INSERT statement.
2. An AFTER INSERT trigger won't work. Any new.value for an insert or
update but be in a BEFORE INSERT trigger. Use AI triggers for inserting
values into OTHER tables.

>the name is ALWAYS typed and the last, the date, is taken from the system
>date,

The same problem: if you are trying to do this in a trigger - it must be
omitted from the INSERT statement and the trigger must be BEFORE
INSERT. But if you are sending CURRENT_DATE in your SQL, then that's fine,
no problem.

>but I've got this exception message everytime (even when I fill in all the
>fields in the form):
>
>org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception
>No message for code 335544347 found.
>null
>null

As Ryan said, you have the wrong message file on the server, the client or
both.

Helen