Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: javax.resource.ResourceException: couldn't start local transaction
Author Carsten Schäfer
My Src was from 8.8.
I think you have committed your changes on 7.8.
So the problem will probably still exist with the actual src.

gruß
Carsten

----- Original Message -----
From: "rrokytskyy" <rrokytskyy@...>
To: <Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 10:58 AM
Subject: [Firebird-Java] Re: javax.resource.ResourceException: couldn't start local transaction

Hi,

Most likely this is an multithreading issue. I have committed a fix
last week. However I did not make extensive testing. So, please
update your sources and try again. If problem remains, I will put
more efforts into it.

Best regards,
Roman Rokytskyy

--- In Firebird-Java@y..., "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@o...>
wrote:
> Not that it helps although to confirm you are not the only one
seeing or
> getting that error.
>
> I have found it several times in Tomcat's logs for some web apps,
not
> sure which ones, but I have some idea.
>
> I am using jdk1.4, and Tomcat 4.0.4, and a version of the JCA-JDBC
from
> CVS that is several weeks old, but not the downloadable beta one.
>
> So I would be curious to know if there is a fix for this, or will
be? Or
> a reason behind it or a way to avoid it all together.
>
> On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 00:26, Carsten Schäfer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm using the latest (last week) src from the type4 java-Driver.
(Firebird 1.0,Win2000SP3,JDK1.3.1_04)
> > I' have only local connections and I'm using the same connection
for a long time.
> > After some time of corrrect work i got the follwing exception
with a call of connection.prepareStatement("Insert Statement")
> > java.sql.SQLException: ResourceException:
javax.resource.ResourceException: couldn't start local transaction:
javax.transaction.xa.XAException
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBConnection.ensureInTransaction
(FBConnection.java:894)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBPreparedStatement.<init>
(FBPreparedStatement.java:79)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBConnection.prepareStatement
(FBConnection.java:188)

> > After that error i always get the following while calling the
same insert statement:
> > ava.sql.SQLException: ResourceException:
javax.resource.ResourceException: local transaction active: can't
begin another
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBConnection.ensureInTransaction
(FBConnection.java:894)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBPreparedStatement.<init>
(FBPreparedStatement.java:79)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBConnection.prepareStatement
(FBConnection.java:188)

> > Generally i often get errors with the exception saying that local
transaction is active.
> > But I'm sure that my code is correct because with other drivers
(Interclient) I've never seen these errors.