Subject Re: url-encoded paramter for firebirdsql does not work
Author rrokytskyy
David,

Can you post a message that I have patched the driver on JBoss forum
(I tried this myself, but message seems to be lost)? Property is
called Encoding.

Roman

--- In Firebird-Java@y..., David Jencks <davidjencks@d...> wrote:
> See my instructions here:
>
> http://www.jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=144&thread=18948
>
> david jencks
>
> On 2002.08.08 05:34:39 -0400 tsangccn wrote:
> > Thanks, I have checkout the source from CVS and build a new
> > firebirdsql.jar and its OK.
> >
> > But now I have another problem. I need to set up a firebird
> > connection pool in JBoss 3.0. I have try to use firebirdsql.jar
and
> > set up a JDBC connection pool with UNICODE support. Its OK when I
> > specify the URL as follows:
> >
> > jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost//home/databases/sample.gdb?
lc_ctype=UNICODE_FSS

> > Then, I want to try firebirdsql.rar (I have build a new one from
CVS)

> > I have made neccessary changes to Firebird-service.xml and if the
> > Database config-property is specified either
> >
> > localhost/3050:/home/databases/sample.gdb
> >
> > or
> >
> > //localhost//home/databases/sample.gdb
> >
> > It is OK, but without UNICODE support.
> >
> > So I try, either
> >
> > localhost/3050:/home/databases/sample.gdb?lc_ctype=UNICODE_FSS
> >
> > or
> >
> > //localhost//home/databases/sample.gdb?lc_ctype=UNICODE=FSS
> >
> > The Firebird-service.xml can be deployed. But when I access the
> > connection pool, both case failed with the following exception
> >
> > INFO [FBManagedConnectionFactory] Could not get a db connection!
> > org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: I/O error for file %.0s"open"
> > null
> > Error while trying to open file
> > null
> > null
> > Error while trying to open file
> > null
> > null
> > at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.readStatusVector
(GDS_Impl.java:1429)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.receiveResponse
(GDS_Impl.java:1350)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_attach_database
(GDS_Impl.java:274)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jgds.GDS_Impl.isc_attach_database
(GDS_Impl.java:247)
> > at
> > org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnectionFactory.createDbHandle
(FBManagedConnectionFactory.java:541)
> > at
> > org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.<init>
(FBManagedConnection.java:113)
> > at

org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection
(FBManagedConnectionFactory.java:334)
> > at

org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.cre
ateConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:236)
> > at

org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.get
Connection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:101)
> > at

org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePo
ol.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:312)
> > at

org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManaged
Connection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:467)
> > at

org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateCo
nnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:532)
> > at
> > org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2
$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection
(BaseConnectionManager2.java:812)
> > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDataSource.getConnection
(FBDataSource.java:97)
> > ERROR [STDERR] java.sql.SQLException: Problem getting connection:
> > javax.resource.ResourceException: could not get a db connection!
> > ERROR [STDERR] at
> > org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDataSource.getConnection
(FBDataSource.java:100)

> > Please help
> > Thanks
> > CN

Am I
> > need
> > >
> > > You need to get driver's code from CVS and build it yourself.
beta 1