Subject Re: [IB-Java] Re: Built in pooling added to jca-jdbc driver
Author David Jencks
After a good deal of study I find that on my machine the problem was
different formats for database urls for the Driver and the DataSource.

Driver url looks like:

jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:/usr/local/firebird/dev/client-java/db/fbmctest.gdb

DataSource url looks like:

localhost/3050:/usr/local/firebird/dev/client-java/db/fbmctest.gdb

Due to the internal connection swapping to allow the appearance of xa
transactions, you don't actually open the first connection to the db until
you try to start a transaction on a connection. Therefore you get some
extremely confusing messages about transaction problems when really, you
couldn't even get to the db.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Let me know if you have other problems with it.

david jencks