Subject Re: [IB-Java] Type 4 Driver
Author David Jencks
I'll try to find some time to look at this soon... but I make no promises.
I have only run the driver and tests on linux, and I don't have the most
recent beta. There definitely may be problems with logging into db's on
windows, I think I am using "unix user logs on automatically" features in
the tests.

In the jca architecture, pooling is provided by the application server
through a ConnectionManager. The driver provides a default
ConnectionManager for standalone use that does no pooling. I developed it
using jboss and its jca support framework... it worked the last time I
tried, but I have been doing other things lately and haven't checked
compatibility recently. If you need a connection manager you may possibly
be able to use the ones from jboss, you would want the
MinervaXAConnectionManager from jbosscx.sar (in the cvs version). I have
no idea how hard it would be to use this in a context other than jboss. On
the other hand, jboss is so modular you can set up a mini-app server with
just the parts you need.

Let me know if you make progress with this.

david jencks