Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Firebird installed with Vista?
Author Lester Caine
Roger Vellacott wrote:
> I think the Vista install does not wipe the boot partition, although it
> does seem to build a completely new registry. Any existing folders
> (apart from system folders?) will survive, so the most likely
> explanation is that Vista was installed on top of some other OS using
> NTFS.

Clean machine from the supplier. These are Packard Bells and only the
factory installation was carried out on the machine!
I've not had time to inspect the rest of the machine other than finding
gds32.dll in system32 on it, and the firebird directory in 'program
files'. Something has installed it on these machines as *I* would always
move firebird out of 'program files' anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL