Subject Re: Borland going turbo again
Author paulruizendaal
There may be such reasons: databases are consolidating and FB helps
IB staying alive. *But*, I did not suggest for DevCo to include FB
in the default install.

My suggestion is to make it exceedingly easy for someone that
download a free explorer-edition Turbo, to alos download and install
FB

Paul

--- In Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Wakeham" <myles@...>
wrote:

> > On 11-Aug-2006 12:58:02, Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> > Well, hopefully there will be lots of downloads of
the "explorer"
> > editions; DevCo have certainly started the promotion campaign.
> >
> > Our job now is to:
> > (1) make a Firebird installer that puts Firebird right into a
Turbo
> > install (include the FB.Net driver in the Delphi.Net and C#
versions);
> > (2) include documentation that shows the extensions of FB versus
IB
> > (working from the 1.5 + 2.0 release notes, that should be not so
hard);
> > (3) make sure that there is link to an appropiate page at the
> > firebirdsql.org site in the comments section of each article
about
> > DevCo and Turbo.
> >
> > If both DevCo and we are successful, it could lead to perhaps as
much
> > as 1 million trial downloads in the next 6 months.
>
> Yeh, but you forget to mention that DevCo is also getting
Interbase as part
> of its flock of products. What reason would they have to include
an Open
> Source, free, competitor to their own product on their own install
CDs or